Finally have the internet up and running at the new apartment. Don’t worry friends, I will be back soon!
Visited DC for the first time!
- visited SCOTUS and spent two hours in the gift shop
- saw the White House from a mile away
- nothing sketchy happened today!
- ate dinner at a quaint Mexican restaurant I would soon come to regret
So Baltimore was underwater!
- took us four hours to make it 40 minutes into town
- more than half the roads were closed
- saw two cars completely submerged in water
- finally made it to the train station only to find we missed the last train and they shut it down cause of the flooding
- no cabs available
- walked a mile in the pouring rain
- bright red water spewing up from all the drain pipes
- finally flagged a cab by diving in front of it on the highway
- two hours late, but finally made it down town to see Gavin Degraw in concert!
- was offered a position as an associate and partner at the new firm my prior boss opened last year
- haven’t even gotten the bar results back yet!
Day 3 is going to be my first trip to DC!
No computer, so I’m updating from my phone, please excuse the unorganized posts
So… I, along with a fellow law student, we will call her Brittany, are road tripping from New Hampshire to Florida this week.
We left at 8am on Monday morning. Here’s the update so far:
- had to stop at urgent care in the scary part of Connecticut because Brittany had a hang nail she swore was infected.
- doctor asked her why we were in Connecticut if we were traveling from NH to Florida… After repeating 4 times that we were passing through on our way from NEW HAMPSHIRE to FLORIDA, she finally says, “but Connecticut is above New Hampshire”… time to rethink our choice of doctor’s office
- Brittany tried to describe the nurse by saying, “you know how black people sometimes have that certain smell…” *blank stare* - no Brittany… I don’t, that’s racist.
- stopped at 4+ service stations to pee, and forgot to collect pressed pennies til the last one
- minor panic attack hitting NY traffic when there was a semi truck on its side, blocking the ENTIRE northbound highway
- finally made it to our first stopping point in Maryland where we will stay for a couple days
- when I asked where in Maryland we are, I was told, “you know… That squiggly part of Maryland kind of in the Atlantic Ocean
That’s all I’ve got for now
Anonymous said: Congrats on graduating and good luck on the bar! If you don't mine me asking, where did you go to law school and did you like it?
Thanks friend! And sorry, I do not like to share where I go to school… only because it is a small state and one of the only schools in the state. and I have just enough people following me who I don’t know (but love all the same!) that I do not like to give away my location on the internet. I did like it though! It was a small school and I liked the environment very much.
theunusualforever said: Hope it's not too late to say this but good luck!
It’s never too late! I still have one more day to go. And thanks friend! I need it!
and you info dumped everything you know about commercial paper.